What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files saved and stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone while you visiting various webpages. A cookie typically contains the name of its original website, “lifespan” (i.e. its designed lifetime) and a randomly generated unique number used to identify the browser used to access the website.
2. Cookies are used to:
- adjust the content of the website to user preferences and to optimize the use of websites; in particular, cookies are used to recognize the device of a website user and to properly display the website, adapting it to individual needs,
- generate statistics that help us to understand how users of the website use it, in order to improve its structure and content,
3. On Eteron.pl we use the following types of cookies:
- “essential” cookies, enabling users to use of the services offered by the website, e.g. authentication cookies for services that require user authentication,
- cookies used to ensure safety, e.g. for detecting frauds in authentication within the website,
- cookies used to record the user’s browsing activity,
- “functional” cookies enabling us to remember the user-specific settings and personalize the user interface e.g. language preferences, user region, font size, appearance of the website, etc.
4. In many cases, the software used to browse the web (browser) by default allows storage of cookies in the terminal equipment of the user. Users of our website may change settings for cookies at any time. These settings may be changed, in particular to disable automatic handling of cookies by the user’s web browser or to inform the user every time cookies are saved on the user’s device. Detailed information on the methods and options for handling cookies are available in the software settings (web browser). When settings for cookies are not changed, this means that the user agrees to store them on the user’s terminal device, enabling us to store and access the information from cookies on his/her device.
5. Disabling cookies may cause some inconvenience in using certain services on our websites. However, after disabling cookies you may still read and browse the content of Eteron.pl.